See you this Spring (Recruiting Events Calendar)
Spring 2012 Conferences
Our team is getting ready for the craziness that is Spring time for consultants. We’ll be hitting the road next week for the first of many stops along the conference journey, starting with ERE next week, and wrapping up in June with SHRM’s Annual Conference in Atlanta. Here are the highlights – details at http://recruitingtoolbox.com/events/speaking/calendar/
- Next week: Spring ERE – I’ll be back for my 3rd year as the ERE Recruiting Excellence Awards Panel Presenter. I’m really excited to help highlight some award winning best practices by recruiting teams small and large. We’ll do a live-streamed general Q&A session with companies like Sodexo, Informatica, Ernst and Young, US Navy, Accenture, UPS, T-Mobile and others sharing what they did to earn a finalist spot. Let me know if you plan to attend the event in San Diego next week – would be fun to connect live.
- In April, Carmen and I will travel to NYC. I’ll be a keynote speaker at the Avature Global User Conference, speaking on one of my favorite topics: How to create a phenomenal candidate experience. One of my friends over at Viacom is trying to score us VIP tickets to the Daily Show with Jon Stewart – how cool would that be?
- The very next week I’ll be in Washington, DC, speaking at the SHRM National Talent Management Conference. I’m going to share some very pragmatic ways to turn your hiring managers into your secret (recruiting) weapons.
- In May, I’ll do a 1 hour webinar with ERE, titled, “How to avoid the 10 biggest mistakes corporate recruiters make” – that should be interesting!
- And then, it’s back to DC, to keynote the recruitDC event. I’ll be sharing techniques to help recruiters and recruiting leaders LEAD. Choose Your Challenge: Lead or be Led. This is a really fun one – loaded with pictures of Charlie Seen and Donny and Marie (text-heavy powerpoint slides can be so boring)!
- In June, we’re very excited to host our own event: Talent42. This is a different kind of conference – it’s 100% focused on tech recruiting. We’re bringing world class engineering leaders and recruiting leaders to Seattle to share best practices for sourcing, interviewing, and selling tech candidates. Carmen is facilitating one of the panels (sourcing), and I’ll be MC. It will not suck.
- And then, a few weeks later, it’s off to HOTlanta, for the SHRM Annual Conference. I’ll be delivering one of my greatest hits presentations, called, “5 keys to successful recruiting leadership.” I’m very excited to see Jerry Seinfeld there – he’s one of my comedy-heroes.
We’d love to connect with you live if you plan to be at any of these conferences. Just let us know.