Intake form. It’s a term I’m embarrassed to say I used for many years. You know, the form you take into a hiring manager meeting, to scope out a new req? There are so many things wrong with “intake form.” First, calling it a form. Who likes forms? I know hiring managers hate ‘em. And
Great article on lessons learned from hiring FAST from Reid Hoffman, founder of PayPal and LinkedIn, and early investor in Facebook. Excerpt: That reminds me of Google’s decision to hire only people with very high GPAs from elite universities. As a heuristic, there’s obviously collateral damage—there are many smart people you’re not allowed to hire—but
Somewhere along the line, recruiting technology became ‘self-aware’, allowing organizations to mindlessly post all of their jobs to job boards globally, big and small. It was in the late 90’s and it was pegged as the solution to our sourcing challenges. For the first time ever, candidates could ‘easily’ and quickly apply online for just
Recruiting Toolbox, Inc. is pleased to welcome Carmen Hudson to the team as Engagement Manager – Sourcing and Social Media Strategy. Carmen will draw on over 15 years of recruiting experience to help Recruiting Toolbox clients identify and implement effective candidate sourcing, engagement, and social media strategies and training. Carmen has led key sourcing and
I’ve returned to a corporate recruiting leadership role. And you know what? I’ve been thinking a lot about strategy lately. I’ve been helping companies with recruiting strategy for years…and even have an extensive recruiting manager/leader strategy training program put together. You know what’s missing? Something simple. And obvious. The most strategic decisions you make everyday
Who is This Blog Written For?
- Corporate Recruiters: Who Is Your Customer?
- Recruiting Trends for 2017 and Beyond…
- Recruiting Toolbox Leadership Panel – Part 2
- Stop calling it an intake form. Please.
- HBR Article on Blitzscaling – hiring fast, at scale
- Join John Vlastelica for a Live Webinar on Leveraging Hiring Managers
- Recruiting Toolbox welcomes Shannon Anderson as Principal Consultant, based in Seattle
- How to Engage Hiring Managers: An interview with John Vlastelica
- Recruiting Toolbox Leadership Panel – Part 1
- Recruiting/Talent Project Management in the Real World