Recruiting Leadership Workshop: Core 1
Join corporate recruiting managers and directors to learn and share best practices to help you build and deploy recruiting strategies, make compelling business cases, influence executives, and enable your team to be better business partners.
- November 7-8, 2017, Silicon Valley (California)
2017 Core 1 Workshops:
We usually sell out several months in advance, so register early to get your spot. Participation is limited to 20 corporate recruitment managers per leadership lab (no more than 2 from the same company).
"It's the best workshop I have ever taken for my own career development."Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition, Yahoo!
- Tuition is $2,500/person plus fees for both days, including meals and free parking.
- There are no discounts or promotional codes available.
- You must be a corporate recruiting manager or leader to register and attend. If you register and you are a vendor or supplier to recruitment, you will be issued a refund, as this event is for corporate, in-house recruitment leaders only.
You register and pay online through Eventbrite, a secure event registration service, with either a Visa, Mastercard, or Amex card.
If the event shows as sold out, please add your name to the waitlist by using the "Add Me to the Waitlist" button (and occasionally, we’re able to squeeze one more person in). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
What is the Recruiting Leadership Lab?
DOWNLOAD CORE 1 OVERVIEW SILICON VALLEY
- A 2-day public workshop focused on corporate recruiting leadership and strategy.
- Built for high-potential corporate (in-house) recruiting managers and directors who lead recruiters (must manage corporate recruiters to attend) and want to improve their executive influence, strategic thinking, team leadership, and problem solving skills in a hands-on, scenario based workshop environment. Note: This is not your typical PowerPoint-style training. Get ready to work through real-world scenarios, alongside peers, over both days.
- Credibly led by John Vlastelica, a former recruiting director with Amazon.com and Expedia, who now, through Recruiting Toolbox, provides strategic consulting and training services to recruiting leaders from companies like Nike, Groupon, World Bank, Yahoo!, Hitachi, PepsiCo, Target, Google, TripAdvisor, Zurich, Starbucks, and Salesforce.com.
Competencies and Development Focus Areas
This is not training that focuses on how to recruit. Instead, it’s focused on helping you lead your part of the recruiting function and deliver the right strategies for your business.
Executive Influence ■ Strategic Thinking ■ Team Leadership ■ Change Management ■ Recruiting Strategy ■ Prioritization & Setting Direction ■ Business Acumen ■ Communication ■ Problem Solving ■ Organizational Savvy
What do Recruiting Leader Attendees Say about this Workshop?
- 93% of the 100+ corporate recruiting managers who have attended these small group Labs over the past 5 years rated the workshop a 5 out 5 ("Excellent"), noting the effectiveness of the instructor, the applicability and effectiveness of the content and tools shared, and the overall program quality.
- 98% said they'd recommend it to their peers.
- 100% said they enjoyed expanding their network in an environment where they got to work side by side, in real world scenarios, with colleagues from other industries and geographies.
- A Talent Acquisition Manager from Nike said "Amazing 2-day learning experience. I put my learning to use before I even made it back to the office.”
- A Sr Manager, Recruiting from Yahoo! said "It's the best workshop I have ever taken for my own career development."
This is not some theoretical workshop focused on the importance of leading; it’s all about the “how to.”
- How to Build and Present a Quality Business Case
- How to Build and Communicate a Recruiting Strategy
- How to Prioritize and Gain Commitment
- How to Drive Change
- How to Lead Recruiters to be More Consultative
Who Should Attend?
- Corporate Recruiting Managers and Directors (only) who lead recruiters and are responsible for recruiting strategy for some or all of their organization.
- Past attendees have included recruiting leaders from companies in technology, financial services, retail, consumer packaged goods, healthcare, and more, including eBay, Nike, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, GoDaddy, PNC Bank, TripAdvisor, KinderCare, Netflix, IKEA, Starbucks, Groupon, Premera Blue Cross, Edward Jones, Visa, KPMG, Square, Booking, Nestle, Target, Redbox, REI, PepsiCo, Deloitte, KLA Tencor, and Concur. Leaders have typically led small (3 person+) to large (20 person+) corporate recruiting teams.
- Sorry, no vendors or partners to corporate recruiting teams (RPO, services, contingent or third-party recruiters, consultants) allowed. You must manage corporate recruiters to attend.
- Maximum 20 attendees per workshop, and no more than 2 recruiting leaders from the same company.
- November 7-8, 2017
- Tuesday: 8am-5:30pm + Dinner
- Wednesday: 8am-4:30pm
- Mountain View, California at the Computer History Museum Boole Room
We’ve secured a special rate of $299.00 a night at the Juniper Hotel Cupertino, Curio Collection by Hilton in Cupertino, California. This rate is good until 10/10/2017.
Email alicia [at] recruitingtoolbox [dot] com if you’d like to register at that special rate (she will send you a special link and rate code).
The Juniper is about 8 miles from the workshop location, and takes 15-25 minutes to travel to/from via taxi or car, depending on traffic. The Juniper Hotel is about 12 miles from San Jose Airport and about 32 miles from San Francisco Airport (SFO). Map/Directions
- March 1-2, 2017
- Wednesday: 8:00am-5:30pm + Dinner
- Thursday: 8:00am-4:30pm
- Atlanta, GA at Coca-Cola headquarters
Email alicia [at] recruitingtoolbox [dot] com if you’d like options in the area.
- Talent Acquisition Manager, Nike
"Detailed and truly applicable role playing scenarios, and recruiting templates and tools that were shared, allowed us to walk through exact examples of what we would encounter in our day to day. John's personal experience and knowledge, and the way he has designed this Lab to pass it on to everyone that attends in a way that provides immediate results, is priceless and just down right awesome."
- Manager, Talent Acquisition, Yahoo!
“Very practical and engaging. Based on real life issues that we all face.”
- Sr Recruiting Manager, Autodesk
“One of the most targeted and relevant trainings I’ve attended in my career….spot on, great value.”
- Staffing Manager, Microsoft
"Inspirational. I feel excited to go back to my role and apply the things I've learned.”
- Manager, Resourcing and Workforce Planning, Alberta Energy Regulator
“Very relevant and useful to my role in recruiting, and very knowledgeable instructors.”
- Recruiting Manager, Facebook
“Absolutely loved the breakouts and case studies – they really mirror a lot of scenarios I’m experiencing.”
- Staffing Director, Zynga
“It’s been almost a year since I attended, and I still use my workbook; my recruiters are used to seeing it come out at our staff meetings now.”
- Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition, PNC Bank
“5/5. Very practical.”
- Talent Acquisition Leader, PepsiCo Russia, Ukraine and CIS
“Learned what business leaders really want, how to build strategy, how to turn recruiters into talent advisors. 5/5!”
- IT Recruitment Manager, Booking.com
"I received an email this morning from our CTO to create a recruiting strategy for his org. I can do that now!”
- Head of Recruiting, Venture Capital Firm
- Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition, Yahoo!
"The lab provided a chance to learn best practices from other organisations/leaders as well as hear about mistakes and "what I'd do differently next time" stories. I immediately applied the knowledge I gained. By far the best seminar I’ve had the privilege to attend."
- Manager, US Recruitment, RBC Wealth Management
“I can honestly say I’ve used every single technique since the workshop in October.”
- Recruiting Director, The Freeman Company
“Awesome. This did not suck! I learned key strategies to immediately use in my job.”
- Manager, Technical Talent Acquisition, Workday
“Very useful and valuable. Overall, 5/5.”
- Recruiting Innovation Lead, Amazon.com
“Great energy and facilitation. 5/5! Every recruiting leader should be required to attend.”
- Director, Customer Care Talent Acquisition, GoDaddy
“Engaging, relevant, real-life examples, with practical, simple but powerful frameworks, tools and techniques for me to use on the job.”
- Director, Talent Acquisition, Nestle USA
“I was collaborating with and learning from my peers while being led by an industry expert. Quality of the attendees and workshop was top rate.”
- Sr. Director, Staffing and Mobility, Lam Research
“The materials were so very relevant. The stories were engaging. And the environment is open and welcoming, where everyone is encouraged to participate. Excellent! 5/5!”
- Associate Director of Recruiting, KPMG
“5/5! Very hands on, lots of examples, very useful tools and templates. I would recommend this to my peers.”
- Head, Talent Acquisition, Deloitte Switzerland
- Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition, Expedia Europe
Alumni for our US sessions include recruiting managers and directors from companies across industries, across North America, including eBay, Nike, Amazon, Target, Nestle, Electronic Arts, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, PNC Bank, KinderCare, KPMG, Netflix, OpenTable, IKEA, Starbucks, GoDaddy, Groupon, Premera Blue Cross, Visa, TripAdvisor, Square, Redbox, REI, and Concur. Seats sell out quickly, so please register early. For our next session, we expect a great mix of leaders from tech and non-tech companies.
Absolutely! We will give you a workbook loaded with content from the 2 days, and soft copy templates to help you succeed as a recruiting leader.
You’ll learn new skills, develop key competencies, grow confidence around your role as a leader, and expand your network of peers, who can share lessons learned during and after the session to help you succeed (you’ll be invited to a special Slack Channel/ networking group after the event to make it easy to share and stay connected with fellow Recruiting Leadership Lab alumni).
Core 1 and Core 2 have identical formats - scenario based work in small groups, with peer recruitment managers, led by John Vlastelica - but different focus areas. You do not need to attend Core 1 to attend Core 2, and Core 2 is not more advanced than Core 1. They simply have different topics.
Core 1 is focused on building a recruiting strategy, getting funding, driving adoption of new process, and helping your recruiters become talent advisors.
Core 2 is focused on creating a culture of recruiting (driving hiring manager ownership), coaching and measuring recruiters/sourcers, using metrics to influence and lead, and building pipelines and interviewing processes to scale.
Both are 2 days. Core 2 is new for 2017.
We don’t cover that in this, our Core 1 program, but we do have content on those topics in our Core 2 program
Recruiting Leadership Lab: Core 2
Absolutely! Download the overview document with detailed agenda:
Recruiting Leadership Lab Core 1 Overview - Silicon Valley
While we believe strongly that vendors and suppliers (RPO, services firms, agencies, consultants, etc.) can be critical to the success of a corporate recruiting leader, this particular event is for 20 corporate recruiting managers/directors only. All of the content is built around an in-house, corporate recruiting leader's challenges, and all of the attendees - who want to grow their networks with corporate peers - expect the people sitting next to them to be in similar roles. We have nothing against the vendors/suppliers/partners in our community; this just isn't the right event for them. If you have questions about your eligibility to attend, please contact us.
If you cannot make the event, you may send another eligible person from your company (corporate recruiting manager+ level) to take your place at the same event. Just email us at least 5 days before the event, so that we can get them signed up. Full credit card refunds are available if you cancel at least 45 days before the event. If you cancel 44-15 days before the event, you may receive a partial credit card refund (50%) or you may receive a full credit to be used against the next scheduled event. If you cancel 14-5 days before the event, Recruiting Toolbox will have already ordered your workshop materials and food, and will not have enough time to sell your seat to another person, so you will not be eligible for any credit card refund but you will receive a 50% credit to apply towards your tuition for the next event. If you cancel 4 days or less before the event, you will not be eligible for any credit card refund but you will receive a 25% credit to apply towards your tuition for the next event. Note: All credits for the next event must be used well before registration closes, as our events sell out well in advance, and if you wait to sign up for the next event, we cannot guarantee you a spot among the 20 person workshop. Therefore, to use your 25% or 50% credit, you must sign up for the next event within 30 days of your cancellation.
Sorry, we don’t. We’ve never had to discount this premium program - we sell out, at full price, and don’t offer any kind of discounts. People tell us it’s an excellent value, so I hope you can still join us.
Sure, to get onto our notification emails, please download a sample agenda here: Recruiting Leadership Lab Core 1 Overview - Silicon Valley. That’ll put you into our system as someone who is interested in the Labs, and then - when a new lab is available - we’ll email you with details.