Recruiting Leadership Lab
Join corporate recruiting managers and directors to learn and share best practices to help you build and deploy recruiting strategies, make compelling business cases, influence executives, and motivate and lead your team of recruiters.
- A 2-day public workshop focused on corporate recruiting leadership and strategy.
- Built for high-potential corporate recruiting managers and directors who lead recruiters (must manage corporate recruiters to attend) and want to improve their executive influence, strategic thinking, team leadership, and problem solving skills in a hands-on, scenario based workshop environment. Note: This is not your typical powerpoint-style training. Get ready to work through real-world scenarios, alongside peers, over both days.
- Credibly led by John Vlastelica and Jason Warner. John was a recruiting director with Amazon.com and Expedia, and Jason was a recruiting leader with Starbuck and Google, and now, through Recruiting Toolbox, they provide strategic consulting and training services to recruiting leaders from companies like Nike, Groupon, World Bank, Google, Electronic Arts, Dolby, PNC Bank, Rhapsody, and Salesforce.com.
Competencies and Development Focus Areas
This is not training that focuses on how to recruit. Instead, it’s focused on helping you lead your part of the recruiting function and deliver the right strategies for your business.
- Executive Influence ■ Strategic Thinking ■ Team Leadership ■ Recruiting Strategy ■ Prioritization & Setting Direction ■ Business Acumen ■ Communication ■ Problem Solving ■ Organizational Savvy
What will you learn? Best Practices for the Real World
This is not some theoretical workshop focused on the importance of leading; it’s all about the “how to.”
- How to Build and Present a Quality Business Case
- How to Build and Communicate a Recruiting Strategy
- How to Prioritize and Gain Commitment
- How to Justify Resources
- How to Manage, Lead, and Motivate Recruiters
Download the overview document with detailed agenda: Recruiting Leadership Lab Overview
- Corporate Recruiting Managers and Directors who lead recruiters and are responsible for recruiting strategy for some or all of their organization.
- Sorry, no vendors, sponsors or third-party recruiters allowed. You must manage corporate recruiters to attend.
- Maximum 20 attendees/workshop, and no more than 2 recruiting leaders from the same company.
- The next workshop will be led by John Vlastelica and Jason Warner. John was a recruiting director with Amazon.com and Expedia, and Jason was a recruiting leader with Starbucks and Google. Now, through Recruiting Toolbox, they provide strategic consulting and training services to recruiting leaders from companies like Nike, Groupon, World Bank, Electronic Arts, Dolby, PNC Bank, Rhapsody, Google, and Salesforce.com.
- As experienced practitioners, we bring the confidence and humility that comes from years of real-world recruiting leadership experiences – success and missteps – to ensure that these workshops aren’t loaded with theoretical, “looks good on paper” strategies. Instead, we build scenarios that reflect the most challenging aspects of leading a recruitment function today, and encourage all attendees to share their real-world approaches to solving these challenges.
Yes! We include templates that make leading teams and building and communicating recruiting strategies easier. Sample templates include:
- Recruiting Strategy Input/Output Model
- Recruiting Activity Forecast
- Sample Recruiter Scorecard
- Recruiter Performance Diagnostic Tool
- Prioritization Matrix and Criteria
- Sample SLA Timeline Template
- Recruiter Capacity Model and Req Load Optimization Graph
The Recruiting Leadership Lab is typically offered just once or twice a year, in major metro areas in the US.
- September 26-27, 2012
- Wed: 8am-5:30pm + Dinner
- Thurs: 8am-3pm
- Mountain View, California
- Tuition is $2,500/person for both days, including meals and parking.
How do I register?
You register and pay online, through Eventbrite, a secure event registration service, with either a Visa, Mastercard, or Amex card.
Want more details before you register?
- Review the FAQs at the bottom of this page.
- Download the overview document with detailed agenda: Recruiting Leadership Lab Overview
- Contact John Vlastelica at 425.557.2100 with questions.
“Very practical and engaging. Based on real life issues that we all face.”
- Sr Recruiting Manager, Autodesk
“So great to attend a workshop focused on my role as a leader and connect with peers.”
- Recruiting Supervisor, Concur (mid-sized Software Company)
“Fun, inclusive style…really related to the stories and scenarios.”
- Staffing Manager, Microsoft
“It’s been almost a year since I attended, and I still use my workbook – my recruiters are used to seeing it come out at our staff meetings now.”
- VP/Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition, PNC Bank
“Absolutely loved the breakouts and case studies – they really mirrored a lot of scenarios I’m experiencing.”
- Staffing Director, Zynga
“I’m going to use these templates immediately!”
- Recruiting Manager, REI (Retailer)
John Vlastelica has led large corporate recruiting teams as Sr Director, Global Recruiting for Expedia and a Recruiting Director with Amazon.com. Through Recruiting Toolbox, he’s consulted with all kinds of companies on recruiting strategy, process improvement, and recruiting team management. He’s also been a top-rated speaker and MC at conferences by SHRM, ERE, and Kennedy. Jason Warner has led large corporate recruitment teams for companies like Starbucks, where he oversaw North American retail recruitment, and Google, where he ran recruiting for the largest revenue generating part of this tech leader. He’s also consulted with companies ranging from Kindercare to M&M Mars to PNC Bank, and is also a regular speaker at major recruiting events.