Join sourcers and recruiters as you learn the latest best practice strategies and techniques to find, engage, and recruit passive candidates for your hard to fill positions. You’ll leave with tools and templates to help you more productively source.
- A full-day public workshop focused on sourcing strategy, tactics, and productivity.
- Built for corporate recruiters and HR reps who want to learn real-world best practice sourcing strategies and tactics in a hands-on workshop format. Note: This is not your typical powerpoint-style training. You’ll get live demos and have the opportunity to practice what you’re learning. Get ready to work!
- Credibly led by Carmen Hudson and John Vlastelica, former corporate recruiting and sourcing leaders with Yahoo, Starbucks, Amazon, and Expedia.
What will you learn? Best Practices for the Real World
This is not some theoretical workshop focused on sourcing trends or how social media is changing the recruitment landscape; it’s all about the “how to.”
- How to build your sourcing strategy and target candidate profile, including a sourcing strategy template
- How to research and identify target companies and candidate communities
- How to identify the highest ROI sources and methods for your search (…beyond job boards and LinkedIn)
- How to find and engage top (passive) talent, including template emails and phone scripts for first contact
- How to measure and optimize your sourcing productivity, including a sample sourcing status report
- How to integrate Web 2.0 and social media tools into your sourcing strategy
- How to leverage free or low cost tools and technology to maximize your limited time, including a list of the top 10 tools every sourcer should have in their toolkit
- Mid- to Senior-level Recruiters, Mid-level Sourcers and HR representatives who have responsibility for building and executing sourcing strategy for a corporate recruiting organization.
- No vendors or sponsors. However, recruiters who source for companies as an agency, RPO, or contract recruiter are welcome to attend.
- Small teams are encouraged to attend as a group.
- Maximum 25 attendees/workshop.
- The next workshop will be led by Carmen Hudson and John Vlastelica of Recruiting Toolbox.
- Carmen and John have successfully built, scaled, and led corporate sourcing teams at companies like Yahoo, Amazon, and Starbucks. As consultants and trainers with Recruiting Toolbox, they’ve developed and delivered highly-rated training to recruiters from companies as diverse as Nike, Salesforce.com, T-Mobile, Expedia, Microsoft, Philips, Kaiser, Safeco, Behr Paint, and the International Monetary Fund.
- And both Carmen and John have been featured speakers at the industry’s biggest recruiting conferences, including ERE, Kennedy, OnRec, AIRS, SHRM Staffing Management, NACE, OnRec, and the Social Recruiting Summit. Carmen was the conference chair and MC for the 2011 SourceCon conference in the Bay Area.
- As experienced practitioners, we bring the confidence and humility that comes from years of real-world sourcing successes to ensure that these workshops aren’t loaded with theoretical, “looks good on paper” strategies.
Yes! We include templates that make sourcing easier. Sample templates include:
- Recruiting Strategy/Intake Meeting Template
- Sourcing Plan
- Passive Candidate Email Templates
- Passive Candidate Phone Scripts
- Sample pre-built internet searches
The Sourcing Lab is typically offered just once or twice a year, in major metro areas in the US.
- TBD in Spring 2012
- Likely in Seattle or Silicon Valley
- Tuition is $795/person for the full day, including lunch.
How do I register?
You register and pay online, through Eventbrite, a secure event registration service, with either a Visa, Mastercard, or Amex card. Registration will open when the 2012 workshop date and location is firm.
Want more details before you register?