Recruiting Strategy Training
This workshop teaches your recruiters how to build and communicate effective recruiting strategies. It’s not focused on tactics – like how to source or how to screen; instead, it’s focused on how to develop real-world, quality strategies at the requisition and department/function level.
- How to capture the key inputs necessary to build an effective strategy at the req and department level.
- How to prepare for, lead, and follow up after an effective hiring manager kickoff-strategy meeting.
- How to communicate the strategy back to the business and get buy-in.
- How to prioritize jobs and strategies, and use the right tool for the job.
- Beyond Sourcing: How to build a strategy around assessment and closing.
Built for your real world
All of our training is custom-built to align to your recruiting team’s challenges, goals, skill gaps, culture, and process. The actual workshop agenda is developed in partnership with you, the recruiting leader. We leverage real world strategy and hiring manager scenarios to ensure that recruiters leave with practical approaches to building and communicating quality recruiting strategies. We build these scenarios after conducting focus group calls with your team, so that we’re sure they’re on target.
We’re here to work and practice what we’re learning. Our workshops are not presentations, where learners sit back and passively listen and check their email. Instead, we engage the team throughout the workshop by leveraging real-time Q&A, scenario based exercises, speed round best practice sharing, and interactive discussions. We also bring a real-world humility that comes out in the – often comical – stories we share to reinforce the learning objectives.
- New and Experienced Corporate Recruiters
- Recruiting Leads (Also, see Recruiting Manager strategy training)
We conduct 1-3 focus group calls with your recruiters before we design your training. This helps us to customize the content by learning more about the skill level of the recruiters who will attend and also learning to speak your “language”. It also helps your team get comfortable with us, our approach, and our expertise.
Our workshop facilitators are former corporate recruiting leaders and recruiters who have lived the best practices we design and share with your teams. Your recruiters will know – right away – that our team has walked the talk.
Yes! We include templates that make building and communicating a strategy easy.
- Sourcing Strategy Templates
- Hiring Manager/Recruiting Strategy Intake Template
- Prioritization Grid
- Assessment Strategy Templates
- Template Email Communication to Communicate the Strategy
We include tools/templates with every workshop we deliver. These are designed to help the training “live on” after the workshop is over. We’re happy to incorporate your existing tools/templates with this training, too, as it can help you to drive adoption and make the workshop feel more integrated with your existing process.
It depends on the agenda we custom-build for you, but – in general – these workshops are a half to full day.