Hiring Managers are the Secret Sauce…and we can help
OK, I don’t want this to seem like an ad for training your hiring managers. But I do want to get the word out – our new interview training site, PredictingSuccess.com, just went live. Many of you who know us probably know that we’re big proponents of hiring manager ownership (check out this free ERE webinar I did a few years ago on helping your hiring managers to be better hiring managers). I actually think great hiring managers are the secret sauce to great recruitment – more than your public employer branding messaging, the number of twitter followers your company has, what ATS you use, how much you pay, and whether or not you have an internal sourcing team.
Beyond Behavioral Interviewing
So, getting hiring managers to be better owners of the process, to really lead when it comes to engaging, interviewing, selecting, and selling candidates…that’s critical. And that’s our total focus with our custom-built interview training program, Predicting Success. It’s not just behavioral interviewing – heck, you can teach people how to ask “tell me about a time…” questions in 20 minutes, during a lunch-and-learn session. It’s more than that.
- We focus on the candidate experience (3 of us are part of the Candidate Experience Awards council)
- We share a methodology that focuses on getting evidence of performance – beyond behaviors
- Every training we build is built just for you – we customize the interview guides, the competencies, the process, the hiring bar, the hiring philosophy
- We get people practicing – building questions, identifying what good answers sound like relative to your hiring bar
- We teach people process – how to be a strong leader in the interview process, how to prep, how to write quality feedback
- We help people think through tradeoffs – not all candidates are perfect, right? So what’s the right answer for our company when you find someone who is brilliant technically, but is an ass? 🙂 Or when someone was a strong referral, but interviewed poorly?
- And we teach people how to use the interview – and their questions – to help sell top talent on their organization, team, and job (every interviewer is a sales person!)
Thousands of Hiring Managers Say We’re Pretty Good at this Training Thing
Our team at Recruiting Toolbox has been delivering custom-built hiring manager/interview training since 2002.
Thousands of hiring managers and interviewers at companies like Yahoo!, Dolby, Expedia, Groupon, Eddie Bauer, Zumiez, Premera Blue Cross, and the International Monetary Fund use the Predicting Success methodology and tools to hire the right talent for their unique organizations.
They helped to drive excellence in interviewing, and have made a direct impact on the quality of talent we hire.
Even our CEO has commented on the elevation of the talent bar.
– Recruiting Director, Sales, Yahoo!
Their work truly is a game changer for companies striving to compete in a difficult talent market.
— VP HR, Rhapsody
Free Webinars – How to Interview, How to Build your Recruiting Philosophy
- Need to hire a great recruiter? Check out this free recorded ERE webinar with John Vlastelica – How to Interview and Hire Great Corporate Recruiters
- Want to think through your internal recruiting and interviewing philosophy, so that you can help your hiring managers make the right talent tradeoffs? Watch the ERE webinar site for info on my upcoming 10/23 webinar.
- Learn more about our custom-built hiring manager interview training at our new site: Predicting Success
- Read what HR leaders and hiring manager attendees say about the program (hint: #doesnotsuck)
Of course, we love referrals. So if you know of companies who want to raise the bar on talent, get hiring managers to engage with candidates better, and make better hiring decisions…well, you know, let me know.