Strategic Diversity Recruiter Training
virtual or in-person
Companies have moved beyond thinking of diversity as compliance work or just an HR initiative. Savvy executives and talent leaders want to embed diversity into everything they do, including recruiting. We can help. We build custom diversity training for corporate recruiters and recruiting leaders that focuses on the critical planning, sourcing, interviewing, closing, and hiring manager engagement and coaching work that’s required to significantly improve the ROI from diversity recruiting efforts.
Diversity success needs holistic thinking from everyone in HR and talent acquisition – more than just recruiting, and even within recruiting, more than just sourcing, conferences, diverse career site photos, and unconscious bias training.
We need our recruiters to be strong advocates, embedding D&I into our target candidate profiles and “what good looks like” definitions, so that it’s not viewed as just a nice to have. And that all starts with understanding and uncovering the WHY that’s driving diversity for your company and this hiring team/hiring manager. The WHY gives us leverage to influence changes to the WHAT and HOW – what we look for, how we source, how we engage, how we interview, how we decide, and how we sell and close.
Our Strategic Diversity training is usually a combination of our Talent Advisor workshop and our Sourcing Workshop, as recruiters need strong influencing and advising skills to engage hiring managers and build and lead better interviewing and selection processes, PLUS ensure we’re “widening the aperture” as we focus our limited sourcing capacity on the highest ROI sources and tactics.
Typical agendas include a focus on…
- Creating a culture around diversity recruiting with your hiring managers/business (uncovering and leveraging the “WHY”)
- Rethinking culture fit and pedigree biases, widening the aperture, and moving to culture add and purpose fit as you build your target candidate profiles
- Building your diversity sourcing strategy and plan
- Engaging hiring managers and employee resource groups to source top diverse talent
- Leveraging market insights and making tradeoffs when hiring managers are unrealistic
- Building and leading a better interviewing and selection process, including pre-interview strategy, the rooney rule, and post-interview debrief facilitation
- Interviewing for inclusion and mitigating bias-filled decisions
- Diagnosing funnel/conversion issues and bringing a holistic mindset to uncovering opportunities to improve diversity
- Diagnosing Hiring Manager issues when they’re not playing a leadership role around diversity recruiting
- Rewarding good Hiring Manager behaviors and driving a diversity talent mindset
We custom-build the training content to align to your goals, your culture, and development opportunities. We can deliver the training in-person in your offices over ¾ to 1 full day, or virtually, via a tool like Zoom, over multiple days, broken into 2.5-hour modules.
After the training, recruiters head back to their desks with easy-to-use tools and guides to help them better engage, influence, and lead. This is not some academic workshop focused on the high level value of diversity; it’s all about the “how to.” Recruiters leave with templates, guides, and tools to help the put the lessons learned in the training stick.
This custom training is designed for junior- to senior-level corporate recruiters and recruiting managers.
We conduct focus group calls with your recruiters before we design your training. This helps us to customize the content – especially the real-world scenarios your recruiters will work through – to the skill level of the recruiters who will participate. We get feedback from new recruiters to very experienced recruiters that the training was practical, highly relevant, and credibly delivered.
“5/5! The strategic diversity training you built for our team was relevant, applicable, and engaging.”
Head of Recruiting, Hulu
Who hires us?
Hulu. Disney. Google. Autodesk. EA Games. Nubank. WeWork. Leading companies, around the world, choose Recruiting Toolbox as a partner when they’re looking to transform their recruiting teams and elevate their recruiters to Talent Advisors.
Why choose our custom diversity recruiting workshop for your teams?
Frequently Asked Questions
Recruiting Toolbox builds top-rated training to help you and your hiring teams get the speed, quality, diversity, and candidate experience you seek.