Looking to take your hiring managers from supporters to champions of diversity when recruiting talent for your company?
We’re here to help. Since 2005, we’ve been building custom hiring manager training for startups and leading companies around the world.
Our custom-built workshops are designed to build skills and confidence in your hiring managers, so that they see recruiting top talent and improving diversity as part of their day jobs, not a favor they do for HR or a compliance requirement. We begin every training project with focus groups so that we better understand your unique opportunities and challenges, build content that aligns to your goals and role expectations for hiring managers in your recruiting process, and ensure our workshop exercises – small group discussions, paired practice – keep it all super actionable.
Note: We also build complementary interview training and strategic diversity recruiter training for companies.
“Adidas partnered with Recruiting Toolbox to build an innovative program that embeds highly trained interviewers into the hiring process to create a more fair and equitable experience. John V and Carmen H were absolutely amazing thought partners in the journey. So far, we have seen a reduction in our time to fill and an increase in our candidate and hiring manager satisfaction scores. We couldn’t be happier with our selection of Recruiting Toolbox!”
– Director of Talent Acquisition, Adidas
Typical agendas include a focus on…
- What is the diversity opportunity at your company?
- Your role as a hiring leader in creating a culture around diversity recruiting
- How to embed D&I in your culture, with a focus on hiring manager leadership in the recruiting process – planning, attracting, interviewing, selection
- Leveraging the Hiring Manager Maturity Model to assess where you are on the journey to talent champion
- How to attract, interview, and select the right talent for your company
- Widening the traditional target candidate profiles to help with diversity
- Moving from culture-fit to culture-add – and a review of your values and behaviors
- Moving from pedigree preferences to skills, “distance traveled” and learning agility
- Mitigating common biases and a refresh on legal dos and don’ts
- Talking through perceived tradeoffs between diversity, speed, and quality – addressing a preference for “safety” and speed
- Your role in proactive farming and active hunting for top talent from under-represented groups
- Taking the right kind of bets on candidates, living your company’s hiring principles
- Interviewing for inclusion – especially for management-level candidates – and a review of your behavior interview guides
- Role modeling good hiring decision-making for your team of interviewers
- Why many D&I recruiting strategies fail, and how you can play a leadership role in supporting and championing diversity at your company
- Effectively partnering with your recruiter to bring top talent from diverse communities to your company
- Common signals/metrics that show progress in diversity recruiting
We custom-build the training content to align with your goals, your culture, and development opportunities. We can deliver the training in-person in your offices over ¾ to 1 full day, or virtually, via a tool like Zoom, over multiple days, broken into 2.5-hour modules.
This custom training is designed for teams of 12+ corporate hiring managers. We conduct focus group calls with your hiring teams before we design your training. This helps us to customize the content to your needs. We get feedback from new hiring managers and very experienced hiring managers that the training was practical, highly relevant, and credibly delivered.
A typical workshop will have up to 20 hiring managers in each workshop, so that we can keep everyone engaged, and keep small-group discussions and exercises small enough so that everyone feels like they’re contributing to your in-person or virtual training. If you have a team larger than 20 people, we’d deliver multiple sessions.
This training is built for corporate recruiting teams only. If you work for an agency or RPO firm and you like our approach, or if you’re looking for individual training, you can check out our resources for solo recruiters, agencies, and small teams here.
Who hires us?
We’ve built custom hiring manager training for all kinds of companies. EA Games. PepsiCo. Booking. Starbucks. Target. Dolby. Autodesk. Pinterest. Micron. And for diversity-specific hiring manager training, companies like Adidas and Nubank (Brazil) have engaged us.
“I look forward to putting what I learned into practice. Excellent content, flow, and discussion.”
– Hiring Manager, Adidas
“I learned how to apply what I learned in my day to day practices, to make us more inclusive and diverse. And Matt and Annie were well-prepared experts who made space for us all to share and learn in a safe environment. 5/5!”
– Hiring Manager, Nubank
Why choose our custom hiring manager diversity training workshop for your hiring teams?
Our training delivery options allow you to choose the format that works best for your team:
Online, pre-recorded training
Train-the-trainer delivery to help you scale internally
Download a PDF of our Training Delivery Overview document to learn more about each of these options.
Hear John Vlastelica explain how we help larger organizations scale training through our Train-the-Trainer program.